Some facts about our SVN repoThe repository-in-question is quite large (more than 100.000 revisions, about 20 (Eclipse) projects, about 10 different trunks (some projects are combined under a common trunk, some porjects have their own trunk).
The resulting applications (EARs and WARs, as well as stanalone Java applications; about 10 alltogether) are always versioned and released together (which means that there should really be only one trunk…)
Q1: Repository Layout
- All projects in one repo?
are there performance issues with large repos?
- Each project in its own repo?
- one commit across multiple repos possible?
- how to track files that have been moved between projects? (we have frequent refactorings)
- how to check out the whole app for a given point of time?
- A mixture of 1. and 2.?
- which projects should belong together?
- this leads to a nested project structure - how can eclipse/ant deal with this?